Tuesday, November 6th, 2018
10:00 to 10:30 a.m.
Who’s Sitting at the Table?
Speaker: Curt Vondrasek, Vice President, MarshBerry
Ensuring you have the right individuals, in the right seats, requires a comprehensive (and continual) strategy. This session focuses on talent acquisition opportunities and challenges that can present themselves throughout the year.
10:30 to 11:00 a.m.
Protect Your Clients from Being the Next Headline
Speaker: Laura Kerekes, Chief Knowledge Officer, ThinkHR
The news headlines continue to spill over into American workplaces, from the #MeToo, #TimesUp, and #NeverAgain movements targeting workplace harassment and active shooter/workplace violence to LGBTQIA rights, gender pay equality, legalized marijuana, and employee clicks causing cybersecurity breaches. These issues have always been risk management imperatives, and the stakes continue to increase. Companies must not only have prevention plans in place but be ready to manage situations as they arise.
This session will focus on the hot topics in the news, how they impact employers, and what can be done to minimize risks associated with these issues. Prevention and response topics will include:
1. Assessing workplace risks and practices for each type of issue
2. Reviewing employment practices to be compliant with laws that include less federal regulation and increased state oversight
3. Updating workplace safety protocols
4. Creating processes for swift and complete management of investigations
5. Training employees and management teams
6. Managing responses to security and safety breaches