Commercial Earthquake Insurance
NOTICE TO ALL AGENTS EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY:
PLEASE MAIL ALL IIABCAL EQ PROGRAM APPLICATIONS (PG 4) & TRUST CHECKS TO:
CRC GROUP, PO BOX 95236, GRAPEVINE, TX 76099-9752 (REGULAR MAIL)
CRC GROUP, LOCKBOX # 95236, 3330 WEST ROYAL LANE, IRVING, TX 75063-6013 (OVERNIGHT)
Also, revised application with new addresses will be posted soon.
IIABCal, CRC Group and Markel-Evanston Insurance Co. ("A" rated Excellent) announce improvements to the Commercial Earthquake Program.
- Decrease in rates!
- Revision of County Modifiers!
- Increase in maximum limits from $3 million to $5 million (locations in Alameda, San Mateo & San Francisco Counties with limits greater than $3 million will require the application be submitted to the program administrator for approval).
- The maximum limit will now apply to per policy/per location in lieu of per Named Insured.
- A fillable application is now available for your convenience (IIABCQUAKE 1 Application) for coverage bound effective 1/1/16 & after. Access the application form here.
- Easy-to-use rate sheet...‘if it fits, it binds’
- The maximum limits & values are now $5,000,000 (Limits greater than $3,000,000 in Alameda, San Mateo, & San Francisco Counties are on a submit basis).
- The Program accepts Frame Construction & All Other Construction buildings built 1950 or later.
- Tilt-Up & Reinforced Concrete Block Construction dates will remain 1974 or later.
- Older retrofitted buildings may be accepted on a submit basis with the proper documentation.
- New business will be effective on the day of receipt of the application and premium, unless a later date is requested.
- Program Administrator at CRC Swett is happy to answer any questions at 415-912-3525.
- The Program underwriter, Evanston Insurance Company, is “A” (Excellent) rated from A.M. Best, and is an approved, non-admitted market.
Program Details For New & Renewal Business:
- Program limits $5,000,000 per location/per policy (submit basis for Alameda, San Mateo, San Francisco Counties)
- Age limitation for wood frame construction: 1950 and newer. Older buildings are considered on a submit-basis with proper retrofit documentation
- Age limitation for HCB & Tilt-Up Construction Class 1974, "All Other" construction class 1950 and newer
- Minimum valuation for buildings: $75 per square foot
Perils insured are earth movement, landslide, mudflow and earth sliding if directly caused by earthquake. Submitted on a self-rating application, the program features are:
- Policy limits to $5 Million for all coverage per location.
- Coverage available for Buildings, Contents, Rental Income and Business/Interruption/Expense. 15% of policy limit may be allocated to Building Ordinance coverage. Earthquake Sprinkler leakage on Buildings and Rental Income.
- Deductible Application- The deductible percentage (choice of 2 deductible options) times the Total Insurable Values per building per occurrence.
- Coinsurance – contents subject to 90% Coinsurance Percentage
- Replacement Cost Valuation
- All Wood Frame construction must be bolted to foundation and built in 1950 or later
- Hollow Concrete Block construction must be reinforced and built in 1974 or later
- Concrete Tilt-up built in 1974 or later, “All Other” 1950 or later
- Retrofitted buildings built prior to the age requirement may be considered on a submit basis with the proper documentation
- Buildings with Tuck-Under, Subterranean or Under-Building Parking must be classified, rated and meet the eligibility risk characteristics of HCB Construction Class if less than 6 stories, with the exception of building garages or stalls separated by shear walls, which will take the standard construction class rate.
- Commercial Properties and Habitational Structures with 2 units or more
- State Licensed Residential Care Facilities
- Terrorism Coverage - On July 7, 2003 the United States Department of Treasury issued a final rule excluding Earthquake Insurance from participation under the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act
- IIABCal Program has obtained clarification from the California Department of Insurance advising that this program no longer qualifies for participation under TRIA. Therefore, coverage for Terrorism as provided under TRIA is no longer available for this product.
- Commission 10%
Requirements To Place Coverage:
- Fully completed self-rated application dependent on effective date of policy (See available applications below)
- A copy of the application and signed D1 form are accepted.
- Application to include all building information, occupancy, loss information and inspection contacts
- Policy Premium plus $150 Policy Fee, applicable inspection fee, and all applicable surplus lines taxes & fees.
- Inspection Fee – see page 2 of application “Premium & Fees”
Commercial Quake Application NEW!
Frequently Asked Questions
USGS California/Nevada Earthquake Maps
Merger & Name Change Notice
Program Administrator Rhonda Kitchen at CRC Group: 415-912-3525, Fax 415-956-1204, Email email@example.com.