IIABCal Leadership Groups
The following is a list of our committees. Please click on the name of a committee below to view its description, officers and members.
The Agribusiness Committee assists the Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of California Service Corp to create and maintain successful products for the agribusiness insurance marketplace. The committee provides the Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of California board of directors and staff with expertise in the agribusiness insurance field, and it researches and publishes studies related to this specialty that benefit the membership. The committee advocates and liaises on agribusiness insurance coverage with the Far West Agents Conference and the Insurance Services Office. The committee meets as often as is needed and is authorized to carry out its role.
To assist in the design, marketing and implementation of the annual Blue Ribbon Conference. To make recommendations for the subject matter to be addressed at the business sessions and for special events to be held in conjunction with the conference. To identify and assist in securing speakers and panelists for the business sessions. To support the identification and solicitation of targeted broker/agent and senior carrier management prospective participants.
Guided by our dedication to the public interest, our mission on behalf of insurance brokers and agents in the West is to:
- Be their unrelenting legislative, judicial, regulatory and industry advocate.
- Provide insurance and financial products, business services and education programs that enhance their ability to sell and serve their customers.
- Vigorously promote to the public the value of their professional services.
- Further integrity and excellence in business practices.
- Assist members to prosper in the face of dynamic change and challenges within the integrated financial services industry.
To oversee the financial affairs of the association and its subsidiary corporations. Responsibilities include:
- Oversee the preparation of accurate, timely and meaningful financial statements for the association’s board of directors;
- To review association and subsidiary corporation(s) financial statements, monitor performance to budget, and provide monthly projection of expected year-end results;
- To oversee the development of the annual budget for the association and its subsidiary corporation(s) that reflects the association’s strategic plan and board policies;
- To monitor compliance with Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of California financial and accounting policies and recommend changes to those policies as appropriate;
- To safeguard the association’s assets and annually evaluate and make recommendations regarding the insurance and risk management needs of the organization;
- To meet regularly and report to the Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of California board of directors at each regular meeting of the board;
- To review and reassess the Council’s mission annually, and recommend any changes to the Board for its consideration.
The Investment Committee assists the Board of Directors in fulfilling its responsibility for the investment of assets of the association. The Committee is responsible for formulating the Investment Policy subject to approval of the Board of Directors and for establishing and implementing Investment Guidelines in furtherance of the Policy. The Committee directs and monitors the management and investment of the portfolio.
The purpose of the LeadUp Council is to oversee IIABCal’s InsurPATH conference and Pathfinder Project. This council will have oversight responsibilities for the development of InsurPATH, including making recommendations for the program topics and speakers, and the new Pathfinder Project.